Today’s interview is special because it’s another double interview! We haven’t had one of those since interviewing World Travelers Lisa & Peter Hoppe.
Anyways, I’m interviewing Sandy Connery & Jeni Barcelos who are the founders of a software company called Namastream.
Sandy & Jeni did NOT have software engineering backgrounds at all when they started Namastream and as two female founders of a tech company, I thought it’d be great to get their insight on their struggles, successes and a peek inside what it’s really like to run a software company.
We chat about the major challenges bootstrapping a tech company (they did not get venture capital funding), the specific challenges facing female entrepreneurs in tech, the biggest barriers they’ve had to overcome, misconceptions people have about working in the tech industry, advice to young women who want to work in tech and so much more.
As always, you can join in the conversation with other Day in the Life listeners in the Day in the Life Facebook group!
Day in the Life of a Software Company Founder| Sandy Connery & Jeni Barcelos
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- The major challenges of bootstrappng a tech company with no venture capital funding.
- Why they ultimately decided to not seek out venture capital funding.
- The specific challenges female entrepreneurs in tech face.
- The biggest barriers they’ve had to overcome.
- Misconceptions about what it’s like to work in the tech industry.
- Advice to young women who want to work in tech.
- What lights them up the most in their career as founders of a tech company.
Jennifer Barcelos is an attorney, a changemaker, a mother, and an entrepreneur. She is the co-founder of the Namastream software platform, the Soulful MBA school and community, and the climate justice nonprofit, Three Degrees Warmer. Prior to her foray into entrepreneurship, Jennifer served as a Gates Public Service Law Scholar and received a graduate degree in Environmental Science from Yale.
Sandy is the co-founder of Namastream Software, Soulful MBA, and Connectable.Biz Software. After a twenty year career in footwear and gait analysis, Sandy sold her million-dollar brick and mortar retail business and clinic. She now brings her business experience to the online space where she loves to create community, teach, and inspire other women to find the freedom and impact they desire.
Links to resources
Follow Sandy & Jeni:
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!
Day in the Life podcast newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the Day in the Life podcast, plus access the free Facebook group!
Note: By entering your name and email address you will be signing up for my email newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.