On today’s show, I have Jackie Stoughton who is a lawyer located in Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania.
During the episode, Jackie and I discuss what made her get into the law industry, her struggles in her career, misconceptions people have about lawyers, and so much more!
Also, this will be the LAST new interview episode of 2018! We will be re-releasing some popular episodes over the next few weeks and will be taking a holiday break to rest and recharge. Excited to see what 2019 brings for the Day in the Life podcast!
Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!
Day in the Life of Jackie Stoughton | Lawyer at Jade & Oak
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- What made Jackie decide to go into the law industry.
- What she struggles with the most in her career as a lawyer.
- Misconceptions people have about what it’s really like to be a lawyer.
- One piece of advice she’d offer to someone who wants to become a lawyer.
- What the FTC laws are in regards to sponsored blog posts & social media content and why you need to disclose who you partner with.
- Why it’s important to have a will.
Jackie works full time doing trust work for a bank, while also working part-time on her side hustle, Jade & Oak. While working as a litigator after graduating from law school, she started a lifestyle blog as a creative outlet. That blog transformed into the current Jade & Oak, where Jackie shares legal education and information for business owners and bloggers. She loves that she has created her own career where she has the stability of a corporate job along with the creative freedom of her side hustle.
Key takeaways from this episodeWe like to say your money is in trust because your family didn't trust you. - @jackiejade on the Day in the Life podcast hosted by @brittneyllynn Click To Tweet Everyone is telling you what they need is most important. It can be hard to prioritize. - @jackiejade on the Day in the Life podcast hosted by @brittneyllynn Click To Tweet Just because you have a blog or a website and you're not making money yet, your site needs to be legal. - @jackiejade on the Day in the Life podcast hosted by @brittneyllynn Click To Tweet
Links to resources
- Day in the Life of Ericka Young, Certified Financial Coach
- Day in the Life of Elle Drouin, Styled Stock Photographer
Follow Guest Jackie:
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!