Today’s interview was inspired after Marie Kondo’s organizing special came out on Netflix! With the organizing and purging crazy happening since the beginning of 2019, I thought it’d be a great opportunity to invite a professional organizer on the podcast!
Today’s guest is Meggie Mangione who runs Organized Life Design out of Houston, Texas.
Meggie shares common mistakes people make when it comes to organizing their home, where to start when you’re completely overwhelmed with the disorganization of your home, how to organize when you’re living in small spaces, how to keep things organized when you have small children, is having a junk drawer healthy or no, and what the heck to do with all of those holiday cards you get but don’t know what to do with come January 1st.
As always, I’d love to invite you to join the Day in the Life podcast Facebook group so connect with other listeners and we can talk about this interview…I’m SUPER excited about this minisode that goes with this week and we’ll be talking all about ORGANIZING!
Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!
Day in the Life of a Professional Organizer | Meggie Mangione
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- Common mistakes people make when it comes to organizing their homes and how to avoid it.
- Where to start when you’re completely overwhelmed with the disorganization of your home.
- Meggie’s best organization advice for people who live in smaller spaces.
- What Meggie suggest people do if they have special items that have meaning but they take up space and aren’t using them.
- Organization tips when you have toddlers/children.
- What to do with gifts you get from family members/friends that you don’t love.
- Misconceptions people have about what it means to be a professional organizer.
- If having a junk drawer is healthy or does everything truly need to have a “home.”
- What to do with Christmas cards after the holidays.
Meggie Mangione is the Owner of Organized Life Design and 5 year accredited NAPO Professional Organizer. She is also a partner of the Contained Home Team for The Container Store and leading a team of 4 through the adventures of organizing. When she’s not designing a drool worthy closet or dominating a garage project you can find her on the running trails or just chasing her two adorable toddlers!
Links to resources
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!
Day in the Life podcast newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the Day in the Life podcast, plus access the free Facebook group!
Note: By entering your name and email address you will be signing up for my email newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.