This week I chatted with Professional Organizer Megan Mangione and it really got me thinking about stuff and why we hold on to it.
I researched a bit further into why we hold on to stuff, even when we feel cluttered, overwhelmed and disorganized. I’m definitely guilty of this and what I found through researching is exactly the reasons why I hold on to things.
During this episode, I’m sharing what I found after diving into some research onto why we hold on to too much stuff and how I’m clearing out the physical and mental clutter in my life.
Why Do We Hold Onto Stuff?
Links to resources
- The simple reason we hold on to too much stuff
- The psychology of clutter: Why we hold onto ‘stuff’—and what that may be teaching our kids
- Study by UCLA’s Center on Everyday Lives of Families
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!
Day in the Life podcast newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the Day in the Life podcast, plus access the free Facebook group!
Note: By entering your name and email address you will be signing up for my email newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.