Affiliate disclaimer: Heads up! There are affiliate links in these show notes. What that means is if you click on a link and then make a purchase, I make a small percentage of money because I referred you. This comes at no additional cost to you. I only share products and resources that I trust and that I know will help you in your business. Grateful for your support!
On today’s show, I have Annie Spano who is the Founder & CEO of Style Collective, located in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Annie and I became acquaintances after I had found her amazing podcast Becoming Fearless to pitch some of my clients to.
I quickly realized Annie and I had SO much in common. Down to how we both had not so great corporate work experiences during our 9-5 careers.
Annie and I talk about her horrible experience in her 9-5 and how she finally decided to leave, how getting laid off led her down the entrepreneurship route, advice she’d give to women on how to uplift other women in the workplace, tips on how you can become more fearless in your life and so much more.
Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!
Annie Spano | Founder and CEO of Style Collective
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- What the Style Collective is and who it’s for.
- How Annie went from being a math teacher to working at a billion-dollar company, to finally starting the Style Collective.
- The top fearless moment she’s had during her career and how you can become more fearless in your life.
- One thing people misconceive about the blogging/influencer industry.
- Her biggest struggle being an entrepreneur and how she combats it.
- Advice for women in the workplace who want to uplift and support other women.
Annie is the Founder of Style Collective and the Becoming Fearless podcast. Style Collective is a platform for female influencers to connect, grow, and learn how to be successful bloggers and entrepreneurs. The Becoming Fearless podcast is about finding your authentic self and living your values to become the person that you were meant to be. Annie connects women from all over the world through community and empowers them to do what they love through leadership and influencer education.
Key takeaways from this episode:
“I’m a big believer that your passion and your purpose for leadership for making an impact in the world all comes back to your life story.” – Annie Spano
“This horrible situation that I went through, it doesn’t define me.” – Annie Spano
“I love being able to create what people want.” – Annie Spano
“We need more people going after their dreams and goals.” – Annie Spano
“I think people think “Oh, you have a membership platform, you’re just raking in the dough for minimal effort” and that’s the farthest from the truth.” – Annie Spano
“There are months where sometimes I can’t pay the bills. Sometimes I can’t pay myself.” – Annie Spano
“It’s scary to do something different because you don’t know what the outcome is going to be.” – Annie Spano
Links to resources
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!