On today’s show, I have Caroline Hull who is my podcast producer and editor extraordinaire!
I thought it’d be super fun to have the gal behind the scenes at the Day in the Life podcast share what a day in her life is like! Caroline has built an amazing podcast editing business where she gets to work on a variety of podcasts day in and day out.
She shares how she got into the podcast editing industry, what she wishes podcast hosts knew about her job, misconceptions people have about her career, as well as shares what it’s like to homeschool her two girls while running a business.
Excited for you to tune in and hope you enjoy!
Day in the Life of Caroline Hull | Podcast Producer & Editor
In today’s episode, you’ll find out:
- How Caroline got into the podcast editing industry.
- What she wishes podcast hosts knew about her role as an editor.
- What she finds most nourishing about her career.
- What she struggles with as a business owner and podcast editor.
- What it’s like to homeschool her two daughters and run a business.
- Misconceptions people have about homeschooling.
- What people find most surprising about her career.
Caroline Creates Podcasts was started after I started my own podcast with my cohost called Creative Biz Rebellion. I fell in LOVE with the backend of the podcasting process. One day my cohost told someone about the work I was doing with my podcast, and they hired me! The rest is history. Now Caroline Creates helps over 15 different podcasts each week. My mission is to to help at-home podcasters have a great sounding podcast and find their voice. To be encouraging, take time for what matters most, be willing to learn and adapt, give to others, and create an amazing customer experience.
Designer and Owner, Caroline Hull has a background in music and was a ballet dancer at the University of Oklahoma before finding her niché in design and podcasting. Originally from Texas, Caroline now resides in Colorado Springs, CO with her husband Chris and daughters. When she’s not editing, recording or homeschooling, you can find her checking out the latest indie music sensation, trying to recycle everything in sight, buying more pens and most likely stalking a coffee shop. Caroline also has a passion for helping other small business owners like herself through her podcast, Creative Biz Rebellion.
Key takeaways from this episodeI think too that there's this idea that if I quit and pivot, it's going to be a failure. That feeling was haunting me. - Caroline Hull on the Day in the Life podcast hosted by @brittneyllynn Click To Tweet One of the common misconceptions with podcasting is if you built it they will come mentality. - Caroline Hull on the Day in the Life podcast hosted by @brittneyllynn Click To Tweet You need to be really clear with yourself when you're starting your podcast as to why you're doing it and what your end goal is. - Caroline Hull on the Day in the Life podcast hosted by @brittneyllynn Click To Tweet
Links to resources
- Day in the Life of Kelly Parker Smith, founder of Hello World Paper Co
- Day in the Life of Katie Hunt, founder of Tradeshow Bootcamp
- Be Wild & Free
- Read-Aloud Revival
- Teach From Rest book
- Simply Charlotte Mason
- Lara Casey / Cultivate What Matters
- Lore podcast
How to subscribe, review, and help the show
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. The ratings and reviews help for two reasons: 1) Most importantly, I get to know you, the listener, and what content you enjoy the most. 2) The more reviews the podcast has, the better chance it has at getting in front of new listeners.
- Follow on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
If you’re diggin’ the podcast, I’d love for you to use the #DITLpodcast hashtag to connect with other listeners and let us know what a day in your life is really like!
Want more? Sign up for the email newsletter!
Be the first to know when there is a new episode out and get the inside scoop on all of the guests.
Also, join the Facebook group to interact with guests and other listeners!
Thanks so much for tuning in. See ya next week!
Day in the Life podcast newsletter
Stay up-to-date on the Day in the Life podcast, plus access the free Facebook group!
Note: By entering your name and email address you will be signing up for my email newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.